Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

My Little Cub

Hi there. It's Heather with you today with the first of my layouts using the Freestyle kit. What a fabulous variety of products there are in this kit! I was able to create three very different pages, with very different themes and feels, all from the one kit.

Here's my first layout:


I had decided to use this photo of my son when he was little. I then picked up the stencil and saw the fluer-de-lis image. I couldn't believe it as this is the logo for the Cubs movement. It's on the toggle on Connor's scarf but you can't see it here.

Of course, I had to make a feature of the fluer-de-lis then. I used a piece of cardstock left over from the August kit, because it matched Connor's t-shirt. I took the bottle of Silk Luster, poured a little onto a craft mat, picked it up with a baby wipe and applied it through the stencil. If I had applied the Silk Luster straight onto the stencil, it would have run under the stencil and made an imperfect image as it's a very thin liquid. The end result is amazing. The silver really gives it some wow factor.

I then took the wet edge of the stencil and randomly stamped lines on my page with it. I punched out some of the star shapes and glued them at the end of the lines so they looked like shooting stars.


I also used the stenciling method above to stencil another pattern behind the photo mat. Don't you love having multiple stencils on one? I cut quite a few of the tickets out and used them as a feature down the side of the photo mat.


I finished off the page with a mix of different sized zig-zag and straight stitching and ran my journalling across the bottom.

If you would like more information about this kit you can email orders.scrappychatdesigns@gmail.com or check out the website here. Don't forget you get three instructional videos with each kit!



Happy scrappin'!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment