Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

Loolabelle


 
Hello! Sandra here again with my last layout of three using the gorgeous Seabreeze kit.
Now, I have to be honest here. I struggle with the colour purple and I must admit to thinking.. EEEK!! purple!! when I saw the purple cardstock and the lavender re-inker.
But as one of the girls has already said.. the inclusion was a stroke of genius by Beck.
It took me out of my comfort zone.. making be think hard and then I just decided to PLAY with it.
And now I just love the neutral, aqua and purple colour combo.
I was inspired to create a different background after watching a video tutorial by
 Donna Mays AKA
The One Minute Muse.

All you need is string and ink.!!

The link to the video is here.. and seriously.. the video is only one minute long! love it!

string technique video
 
And this is the background I achieved.
Different and unique.


I then created the layout, using remaining strips of paper. I created my own flowers which I lightly enhanced with the Tinby Metallic Melts that comes in the kit.
Using the lavender ink I altered some generic white flowers to purple flowers.. (easy.. just dip them in! mind you they do take a while to dry. ;-) )
 
Don't you just LOVE the butterfly that is in the kit? Divine.

Using the Tinby Metallic Melts I created a "patina" affect.



 

I love the end result. Proving that Tinby Metallic Melts can be used on anything!

Loving all the different layouts created by the DT  from the one kit..
showing how versatile
 Scrappy Chat Designs kits are.
They really do cater for all different styles of scrapping.

Until next time!




4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sandra - love the background technique and the metallic melts on the butterfly TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Helen xx Ps.. so very glad you are coming to the retreat ;-)

      Delete