Pages

Thursday 29 May 2014

My Handsome Son

Hi there,

It's Heather here with you today. I will tell you about my layout shortly but first you'll have to put up with me being a proud mum! My son looked so handsome in a suit when he got dressed up for the school formal. He had never worn a suit before. We borrowed it from a friend and it was a perfect fit. I know we girls sometimes like to look nice but it's good that the guys can too. My little boy really is growing up!

Ok, so now that I've got that off my chest I'll tell you about the layout! Here it is:


This is my second layout this month using Scrappy Chat Design's Cheeky Smiles Kit. I love this kit! If you are interested in seeing more techniques using this kit and others, have a think about becoming a Scrappy Chat Designs member. For inquiries email orders.scrappychatdesigns.gmail.com or take a look at the new website here.

I had to be fairly brave to tackle this design! I chose to use this paper as a background even though it's very busy. To mask the busyness, I just swiped black paint over parts of the page. I then cut heaps of frames from one of the other Simple Stories papers and used these on top of the black paint. Yes, I framed my photo with frames!


I sprayed some of the frames with the teal Tumble Dye. I love how these turned out.

The first part of my title is cut from the background paper. The chipboard words are made from the Kaisercraft letters in the kit. I painted them then coated them with Metallic Melts. On the word "school" I made a layer of the red then topped it with white to get a red outline. I kept changing my mind what colour I wanted on the word "formal". There are four different layers under there! I love the way I can just cover a colour with paint and the melts.






Heather
www.heathermcmahon09.blogspot.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment