Pages

Thursday 8 May 2014

Brothers Exploring

Hi There Scrappy Chat Friends,

It's Renee here, to share with you a layout I have made using the April Kit.

This is my third layout, out of 3 that I have made using this super trendy kit!!

I always love an opportunity to scrap a layout of my beautiful boys!


I wanted to share with you a couple of the techniques and layers on how I put this layout together.

Step 1. I used the white cardstock from the kit.
I then grabbed the Irresistibles spray and a tray (you can use a small plate) and a cheap nail brush.


Step 2. I knew approximately where all the paper was situated on the layout as I had layered the paper before the first step.  I made a bracket with a pencil, so I knew where the papers were sitting.

I then sprayed the Irresistibiles onto a plate.
I dipped the nail brush into the spray, and made the following pattern.


Step 3. Using the Crafters Workshop Template from the kit, I also added that pattern with green ink.

Then using some stamps from previous Scrappy Chat Designs kits, I added in some various colored
blue inks.  Here is how it turned out.



Step 4.  Then I just added my paper stack and photo.

Step 5.  Add the chipboard fencing wire.

Step 6. Add some of the gridding from the kit to the top left and bottom right of the photo.

Step 7.  Add some sprayed gridding to the left and right of the page.

Step 8.  I added a little wound up navy blue cotton (found it in my sewing kit).

Step 9. Add your title and then journal.

And you are done!!!!
A very simple layout.

Here are a couple of close-ups.





I had a massive amount of fun with this layout and I was super happy with how it turned out.

You can see how fantastic the kits are, as we have all made very different layouts,
in a range of colours.

Thanks for stopping in.
And don't forget to check back on Sunday night, when the very talented
Sandra Wallace shares another layout with you.


1 comment: