Pages

Sunday 6 April 2014

You Love To Ride

Hi There Scrappy Chat Friends,

Renee, here to share with you a layout I have made using the March Kit.

There are so many fantastic ideas that the design team have to share.

I chose to make my layout a little boyish!!


There are few different techniques I used on this layout that I would love to share with you.

My first technique is how I put the background together.

These are the products I used:


Along with these above I used Spellbinders Stars 5 die set, nested together to create different size stars out of the Heidi Swapp Paper in the kit.

It is no secret I love to stamp.  And one of my favourite things about this kit
is the Kaisercraft stamp set.

I used Hero Art Neon inks, but you can really use anything that you have in your stash at home
and achieve the same thing.

It means that you can take a blank white sheet of cardstock and turn it into patterned paper.


See how the design element is almost like a letter Z.  It takes your eyes from the top left to the top right,
diagonally down and then to the bottom right.

The next technique is how I was able to achieve the textured stars on the background.


Using the Pigment IZink, that came in your kit.
I used a medicine cup.  
Added my texture paste (start with a little bit first, you can always add more)
I used about 2 squirts of the IZink.
Mix until it is smooth.
If you need to add more color you can.
Keep adding until you get the color you want.
Then, using a stencil and a palette knife, I scraped the mixture over the stencil in the three
areas on the background of the layout.

Here is how it worked out.


Technique Number 3 is what I did with the twine.
I wanted to bring some red into the layout to match the photo I used.


So I painted the paper twine with red paint.
Let it dry.
Then shaped it to become a zig zag embellishment.

For the Title of the Layout I used the Jillibean Soup Word Stickers from the Kit
and some red paint again.

The other part of the Title is Kaisercraft Chipboard Lettering from my stash.
I inked them first.
Then using the Tinby Metallic Melts from the Kit,
I embossed onto the lettering.


Thanks for stopping in.
And don't forget to check back on Thursday night, when the very talented
Sandra Wallace shares another layout with you.


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic!! I love how you've matched the colours on the page to his outfit!! Too clever!!

    ReplyDelete