Pages

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Heather shows us a how to with the new kit

Hi there,  Heather here again with another share.

I hope your week has been a good one and you're on top of the demands of the crazy season.

I've had fun scrapping with the Merry Christmas kit. I had these great photos of my family discovering the snow machine last Christmas Eve when we were out looking at the Christmas lights. My son and I knew the machine was there so we planted my unsuspecting parents underneath it. The machine started up and covered mum, dad and Connor in 'snow'. It was really funny. I had so many photos that I decided to go for a double page layout. I added two sheets of white cardstock for the double page background but, apart from that, everything is from the kit.


And here are the two pages individually cos it's a bit hard to see details on a double page:



OK - so here's how I made the "Let it snow" background.

Firstly, I cut the words 'Let it snow' from an old piece of thick paper using my Cricut machine. It doesn't matter what you use to cut the letters - all you need is the negative shape of your chosen letters. These can even be the shapes left over from letter stickers. I then used clear VersaMark ink through the stencil before I applied the grey Pan Pastel from the kit on top of that using a make-up sponge. The VersaMark helps anchor the Pan Pastel to the page.


I applied the Pan Pastel unevenly to create a bit of depth and interest to my words.  I placed the words where I wanted them, keeping in mind that a lot of the background would be covered with photos and embellies. The words can be placed as randomly or as evenly as you like. On a double page, ensure at least one word crosses the two pages to help link them together. When I had finished, I sprayed the background lightly with hair spray to seal the Pan Pastels. It also made my page smell lovely!


I then built my layout on top of the background, letting enough words peek out so the saying was instantly recognisable. I also added the same words using the letters stickers for the title. The saying/song title is so appropriate to this page that I really wanted to accentuate it.

I fussy-cut quite a few items from the papers to create my embellies and stapled the string across the two pages. I glued the string in place where I had to cut it at the join. One of the postcards made a perfect journaling block. My mum's name is Joy so I couldn't resist adding the 'Peace, Love, Joy' words under my pics. I punched some snowflakes from the paper as well.




If you're one of the lucky people with this kit I really hope you have lots of fun with it.

Cheers for now,

Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment